Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Best on tap selection of beer in the Minneapolis area



 

   As you may of noticed, craft beer and restaurants full of taps are starting to become a "thing" in the Minneapolis area lately. And I don't know about any of you but I sit at work all day waiting to come home and crack open a cold one at dinner. This beer fad that is taking over the cities is something I am all for and, frankly, it can't come soon enough. Unfortunately, Going to a bar that has a lot on tap and going out to have a good meal usually don't come hand in hand. In the past month or so I have been lucky enough to check out two places that top my list for the best food/ beer options in the area.




   Coming in at #1 will have to be the famous Groveland Tap which is located in St. Paul and has been around for a while. Its too bad Groveland Tap doesn't have any outdoor seating, but that won't stop me from coming back for another cold one..or two...Walking into the small very loud and packed bar throws you off for the first time because it doesn't seem like a place that will have much to offer other than your normal bar food. However, that is definitely not the case. After choosing from one of the biggest tap selections in St. Paul, I decided to try out the BLT as I thought it would be a "safe" decision for a meal. When the meal came in fancy white china I was very surprised, but what surprised me even more was the quality of the food and the fact that it was the first BLT I have ever ordered with guacamole in the sandwich (huge guac fan). Anyways those college kids, or basically any beer fan looking for a quality beer with an excellent entree to couple it, Groveland Tap is my #1 recommendation in the St. Paul area so far.


  #2 goes to Yardhouse which is located at the West End shopping area in St. Louis Park off of 394. To be honest, besides having some delicious deviled eggs and some chips and queso dip, I wasn't there for the food. I was there for the massive selection of beer on tap they had to offer. When looking around I noticed a room that had enough kegs to knock out frat row at the U and realized it was their tap room. The selection of beer was actually overwhelming and probably took me 10 min to decide what I wanted. I eventually ended up going with a very hoppy Great Divide Hercules Double IPA which is loaded at 10% ABV. Be careful though, that beer will get you drunk but it definitely won't drive your car home. Besides having the biggest selection of beer on tap I had ever seen, I also noticed the place was well suited for date night with your significant other. Offering a small outdoor patio and a  fancy, large, and dimmed lighted interior, I might even have to take my girlfriend here someday (if I can manage to stay away from ordering another Hercules that is..).
Tap Room




No comments:

Post a Comment